Friday, September 7, 2012

Hello, Bliss.

I'm floating in a beautiful, serene silence. I don't hear anything around me except the rustling of palm tree fronds. Occasionally, the chirp of a small bird reminds me that I'm not alone. There's nothing to bind me, nothing to hasten me, nothing to stop me. I exist only in this moment of complete peace and harmony.

Where am I? Laying on the beach in Tahiti? Zenning out in yoga class? Tripping out on acid?

No, I am at HOME! Today is the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, Holland is NAPPING, and I am alone in my house of harmony!!! THE DAY HAS COME AT LAST!!!!

Now there are lots of things I COULD be doing. I could be paying our estimated taxes. I should empty the dishwasher. I could pick up Pekingese turds from our front patio area. I really, really, really need to clean out our kitchen pantry, the one that barfs out plastic utensils, flour, and dog treats every time I open it. (Sorry Ian, I will do the pantry tomorrow, I promise!)

But today...THIS moment, THIS nap time, THIS first day of school, this is MY TIME!!! I shall twirl through the house like a fairy! I will smooth out the covers on my bed! I will start the second book in the 50 Shades of Grey series! I will try on my new wrap-around-visor that was cheaper than the Helen Kaminski visor I wanted, but still pretty cute! I will TAKE A SHOWER!

Ahhhhh. Life is good. It is moments like this that make me very, very, very happy to be a stay-at-home mom.

Anyone else experiencing similar moments of back-to-school glory?

1 comment:

  1. You really make it seem so easy along with your presentation however I
    find this topic to be really one thing which I believe I'd never understand. It kind of feels too complicated and extremely vast for me. I'm having a look ahead in
    your next publish, I will attempt to get the hold of
    it!

    Also visit my webpage: diet plan For Women

    ReplyDelete