Monday, November 29, 2010

To Barf or Not to Barf? That is the Question.

UGH. I know the first trimester is supposed to be tough. But I breezed through it so quickly with Marley! (Granted, I didn't find out I was pregnant with Marley until 7 weeks, and sometimes ignorance is bliss, but STILL.)

With this pregnancy, now at 13 weeks, I have been plagued with:
-Icky, barfy stomach
-Gnarly headaches
-Cold sweats and hot flashes (a sneak preview to menopause?)
-No energy
-General sickness
-Crazy mood swings
-Bad ideas. (Maybe I should buy that really expensive dress that I won't be able to fit into until next summer? or next Fall? It's a classic...a statement piece!)

The worst part? This is making me DEPRESSED. I've had no energy to do Stroller Strides, which is my lifeline. Because I'm not working out, I'm getting even more depressed, because I need to work out and get fresh air, but I can't. Poor Ian comes home and I am STILL in my pajamas, no makeup, looking like the frumpy wife and mother I promised myself I'd never, ever be.

The bummer is, when I feel like I'm going to barf, I can't barf. I can't even gag myself. There's just that PENDING DOOM of a barf-to-be, looming on the horizon like a creepy relative who's coming to visit you at some undisclosed date in the future. You have to always be ready for it, yet, it never comes.

Until last Saturday. I got the stomach flu. Oh yes, ripe at 13 weeks, so happy and joyous to be out of my first trimester, finally starting to feel better, and BAM. This time, the barf came. And came. I think I threw up about 10 times in 5 hours.

So now I'm on the mend, in jammies and no makeup, still no Stroller Strides, but looking forward to feeling better. Because I will start feeling better, right? RIGHT?

No comments:

Post a Comment