So the other day I found myself on Gilt again, hoarding items into my shopping cart. They included a fun, flirty dress, some cute platforms (great for fun nights out on the town) and some cute pants (perfect for work!)
Then reality hit.
What the f-ck was I doing? I don't go out, and I rarely work. Why in the heck am I spending my money on items that will rarely--if ever--see the light of day? When day after day, I reach for my same beat-up juicy tracksuit or my leggings with the rip in the crotch?
My friend Becca from A Blissful Nest set me straight when she came over for a visit a couple of months ago.
"Christine," she said. "What you need is cute mom clothes. MOM CLOTHES!"
"You are SO right!" I said. "Why am I buying all this other crap? I need MOM CLOTHES!" I need clothes for the park, for Stroller Strides and for storytime at the library. I need clothes for doing laundry and cleaning up spit up and trips to Boneys. I need clothes that won't make me look like a total slob but that can still get pooped on.
So here are my top picks for Best Mom Clothes!
1. Toms Shoes. These shoes are ridiculously comfy and a cool, and put an edgy, flippant spin on any outfit. Love all the sassy new colors and materials! I just bought these crochet ones. LOVE them!
4. Tunic-style tops. They cover the belly and can be worn over jeggings. Yee-ha!
6. Baby-doll sundresses. They emphasize the milk-engorged boobs while hiding your fat stomach. Yes!
9. Yoga clothes. Even if you'd rather down a shot of tequila then do a downward dog, yoga clothes make you feel relaxed, peaceful and ethereal. All the yoga moms I know have placid smiles on their unlined, serene faces and look slightly drugged. I strive for this. This is who I want to be.
10. Juicy tracksuits. I know, I know, some of you hate these. I laugh at myself sometimes when I wear them. But unless you get them in bubble gum pink, they are decidedly comfy and cute. And hello, it is a TRACKSUIT people, which means you don't have to try and match tops and bottoms on four hours of sleep. Score!
Did I miss something? What is your favorite item of Mom Clothes?