Friday, March 25, 2011

Naptime, R.I.P.

It's official. Naptime is a thing of the past.

I can't fight it anymore. It was becoming more stressful to force a spunky, unwilling Marley into nap time than it was worth. In the last two weeks, she's napped a total of two times.

She broke the lock off her door. She ripped her books to shreds. She snuck into her bathroom and created a soapy sloppy mess in the trash can with water, hand soap, shampoo, and a sock. One time she even managed to go pee 4 times in one hour--just so she had an excuse to get out of her room!

So we are done. Nap time, I bid you auf wiedersehen. It was great while it lasted. You were a wonderful friend. Something to look forward to on a busy, crazed day. A time to be enjoyed and savored. A time to mindlessly surf the internet, have a real conversation on the phone, or (God forbid!) get some work done.

And now we embark on a new chapter in our lives. A chapter with three extra hours of time to fill in the afternoon. Hmm....what the hell are we supposed to do?

The park is eerie at this hour. The last two times we've gone, it's been next-to-empty, with just a handful of non-napping toddlers Marley's age and some frazzled, tired-looking moms.

Target run? Perhaps.

Trip to the zoo or the Children's Museum? Library? Wouldn't be out of the question.

The good news? I guess now we won't have to rush home from our morning activities to get ready for nap time. And, we've been invited on some playdates with other non-napping friends. In fact, Marley's friend Heidi invited us to come over and see her chickens. Now we're talking!

So hello, to no-naptime...I will embrace you! This time is a gift! I will fill these hours with exciting, engaging, and educational activities for my 2 1/2 year old! She will emerge brighter, smarter, and more talented!

But if you bump into me at Target at 2pm, looking weary and glassy-eyed...just don't expect much of a conversation, Okay? I'm still adjusting!

Oh, and for the LOVE OF GOD, please vote for my blog to be in the top 25 Funny Mom Blogs! You can vote 1x a day until Monday! PUH-LEEASE! Just click this link, takes 2 seconds!

2 comments:

  1. No more naps at two-and-a-half? Oh my.... I'm so glad that my kids were sleepers at that age. I think Mommy liked nap time better than they did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for sure love nap time more than Marley does! :) The positive side is now she goes to bed earlier and sleeps in later...although it is taking some getting used to!

    ReplyDelete